Executive Producer, WABCApply NowApply Later Job ID 784649BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 19, 2021
- Complete oversight for the newscasts and all content across our multiple platforms, including story selection, production and newsroom management while implementing innovative strategies to be competitive in the NY market
- Oversee newsroom and editorial decisions while ensuring content is consistent and appropriate
- Design and implement strategies to engage and build audiences across platforms
- Collaborate and mentor producers and newsroom staff
- Conflict resolution and engage appropriate teams to resolve any issues that arise in the newsroom
- Managing staffing needs and schedules
- Minimum 10 years previously in news production at a top 5 market
- Local television experience with 5 plus years managing a large team
- Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
Preferred EducationBachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.