Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Finance Intern, Disney Theatrical Group – Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 519830BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Disney Theatrical Group Date posted 02/02/2018
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be a part of something big…
The intern will gain an understanding of financial planning and decision making at Disney Theatrical Group. In addition, the intern will be exposed to the in-depth knowledge of the process behind forecasting, analysis, and planning for commercial theatrical productions, worldwide theatrical merchandise, and arena licensed businesses. The intern will further develop their quantitative analytical skills as well as articulate financial issues to various business operators. Lastly, the intern will serve as a key player in supporting the Disney Theatrical finance department.
- Assisting in the formation of the division’s FY19 Annual Operating Plan and FY18 Q4 Forecast; reviewing key learnings from FY18
- Contributing to the preparation and analysis of new business opportunities, upcoming new productions, and overall business outlook for FY19 and beyond
- Supporting in the preparation of weekly sales reports for DTG business units
Basic QualificationsWe’re looking for…
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Coursework in finance and accounting
- Understanding of basic finance and accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Organization and attention to detail
Preferred QualificationsAlso nice to have…
- Experience or previous internship working in an office environment
- Experience with Microsoft Access and building reporting/consolidation tools
- Entertainment or commercial theatre experience
Required EducationWorking toward an undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, or related field
Additional InformationProgram Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from Tuesday, May 29, 2018 through Friday, August 10, 2018
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program, AND returning to school for at least one semester/quarter at the completion of the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer