Finance Manager, Ad Sales FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711538BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 08, 2019
- Assist and support the month close and quarter end reporting, forecasts, budgets, and strategic plans, as well as reports explaining variances between actual results and financial projections for all components of Linear Cable Ad Sales revenue.
- Provide weekly reports of booked and working Ad Sales to management inclusive of revenue and key ad sales metrics.
- Oversee Ad Liability Stewardship of Cable networks assigned including all cross-network activity. Partner with pricing and planning team to ensure maximum effective use of inventory for managing liability balances.
- Provide insight through analysis and observation of any risks or opportunities to the businesses over the course of the year.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems (Sales Traffic and Planning systems, G/L).
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate clearly micro details into a broader summary for different levels of management
- Advanced Excel abilities (Nested statements, pivot tables, charting, combining functions like Index, Match, Offset and Indirect)
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy with an aptitude for troubleshooting data discrepancies
- Minimum of 5-7 years in a corporate finance / business analytics role
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Finance
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field preferred – Physics, Math Economics, Business Administration
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.