Already applied?View Dashboard
Finance ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 661953BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 19, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, sports events and news and information products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Streaming Services is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale and a leading licensee of OTT sports. Disney streaming services owns and operates a growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer video streaming services, including the NHL, and ESPN branded multi-sport service. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, Disney Streaming Services Media’s mission is to give global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
We are seeking a Manager that will play a key role within the Financial Planning and Analysis group. This Manager will own operational and technology related expenses that support the Direct-to-Consumer business, including forecasting and reviewing to actuals. This role will be responsible to understand and modeling these costs in a scaling business, as well as deliver thoughtful analysis for senior management.
Responsibilities:Key Job roles:
- Creates and maintains financial models to forecast expenses for multiple distribution channels
- Contributes to the preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and quarterly forecasts including the accompanying senior management presentations
- Maintain a strong understanding of operating performance (e.g. ratings, subscribers), major deals and transactions, issues and challenges facing the businesses, and changes in strategy
- Conduct research and analysis into issues and questions raised by leadership to inform decision-making
- Develop, enhance, and maintain financial models
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- High level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences, both financial and non-financial
- Proactive and creative in approaching problems and presenting financial data
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.