Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial Analyst (PH) - 12 monthsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 716321BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
The Financial Analyst will gather report requirements, develop and maintain reports & analytics, financial models, and data integration supporting the financial performance of Disney Theatrical Group’s merchandising, licensing, touring shows, and divisional overhead.
- Assist in preparation of weekly sales summaries and monthly / quarterly reporting documents
- Provide support for the quarterly forecasting, annual budget, and five-year plan cycles
- Compile weekly sales data from multiple sources and enter into database
- Help build and update financial models used in projecting financial performance
- Partner with Controllership team to ensure accuracy of P&L areas of responsibility working to research and resolve issues throughout quarter and during close.
- Work closely other members of the Finance Team to gather and provide financial information and analysis
- Assist with running and uploading Studio forecasts in Café/TM1 reporting tool
- Provide assistance to promote efficiencies & help create process guidelines
- Effectively communicate and deliver high-quality analysis, reporting and presentations.
- Provide ad hoc marketing, sales, finance analysis as needed
- Minimum 2-3+ years of experience in broad accounting or finance role
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and reporting skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of SAP/BW/Cognos is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Aptitude to develop and implement new operational processes
- Ability to monitor financial metrics and reports, identify and resolve issues
- Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment with limited supervision
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities and projects at once
Additional Information:DTP is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.