Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 930775BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Marvel FP&A is seeking a Financial Analyst to lead financial planning and strategically partner with leadership across our various lines of business.
Responsibilities:- Prepare forecasts, Annual Operating Plans and Five Year Plans
- Identify and evaluate digital and new business initiatives across multiple media segments
- Prepare valuation analyses and develop forecast models
- Liaise with product, content and sales teams to develop financial and strategic plans
- Present budgets and financial results to senior leadership across multiple lines of business
- Analysis of monthly performance updates, financial modeling (new creations and improvements), historical financial data maintenance and valuation
- Create and monitor KPIs
Basic Qualifications:- Strong modeling skills in Excel required- 5+ years of progressive experience in financial planning, strategic planning, and/or corporate finance
- Strong business point of view as well as analytic chops
- Comfort making strategic business cases for their analytical POV
- Background in the digital media and entertainment industry is a plus
- Banking or consulting background a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess a proven ability to build relationships
- Must demonstrate a strong business and financial acumen.
- Qualified candidates must be inquisitive and solve problems creatively
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and be an excellent team player
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to deal with shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of accounting principles a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree required (Preferably in Finance or equivalent)
Preferred EducationMBA a plus
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.