Freelance Producer, ABC News Live (Expression of Interest)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078915 Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Feb. 21, 2024
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
ABC News Live is on the lookout for a vibrant and talented Temp/Recurring Producer to become a key player on our New York-based team. As a Producer, you'll be at the forefront of crafting compelling content, conducting in-depth research, and producing high-quality interview segments that captivate our audience. In addition, you will be working with on-air talent both in the studio and out in the field. This role is 100% on-site.
- Research, write and produce interview segments and anchor scripts with advanced speed.
- Resourcefulness when looking for images and video is a MUST.
- Knowledge of current events and the ability to write short VOs for headlines.
- Assists in reviewing copy for compliance with brand, policies, style, and tone.
- Implements best practices and workflows to maximize efficiency and accuracy in the editorial process.
- Possess a strong understanding of the digital landscape and evolving technologies is preferred. Control room experience a plus.
- Supports a positive work environment.
- Minimum five years’ experience writing and producing broadcast or digital content in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news.
- Ability to edit and write under tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience producing segments.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A willingness to work extended shifts and thrive under daily deadline pressures.
- Knowledge of iNews (or other similar producing software).
Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $106,800 to $143,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.