Already applied?View Dashboard
Front End Development Solutions ArchitectApply Now Apply Later Job ID 698421BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
Own the process of solving high impact, highly technical problems that span the purview of multiple organizations and stakeholders, where requirements and direction are often yet to be defined or discovered. This role is one part technical evangelist, and one part technical architect. Success in this role requires effectively working with various technical leaders from different organizations to design solutions that work for all parties involved, and to evangelize these solutions and ensure teams can execute effectively.
- Interfaces with product and backend services as the key stakeholder for Front End Engineering on assigned projects
- Works directly with technical leads, engineering directors, and VPs to formulate solution design, delivery, and execution of product features
- Is the expert on DSS’ platform architecture
- Testing and validating service deliveries and contracts
- Detailed documentation and communication to all key stakeholders
- Runs technical meetings for front end developers aligning product requirements and backend service integrations
- Able to bridge communication and technical knowledge between multiple engineering and product teams
- Well organized with good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-learner, independent, and easily adaptable
- Architecting resilient applications that handle failure gracefully
- RESTful web service development
- Other Tools
○ API testing - PAW and/or Postman
○ Plantuml or other similar sequence diagram tool
- Scripting Language - node/ruby/python/ect
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.