Already applied?View Dashboard
Full-Time On-Site ProofreaderApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636838BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Job Summary:The Proofreader will review and copyedit materials across Marvel Publishing, including comic books, prose novels, solicit text, and cover copy. The Proofreader will mark documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. Work may be digital or print. Marvel is seeking enthusiastic, driven employees. Résumés should highlight proofreading experience and skills. Cover letters are strongly preferred. Work will be full-time.
- Read proofs from all Marvel Publishing departments including (but not limited to) single-issue comics, handbooks, trade collections, advertisements, dust jackets, and covers
- Mark grammatical or typographical errors using standardized code
- Communicate with Editorial staff and traffic copy
- Knowledge of proofreading/copyediting marks
- Ability to proof in print and on computer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the unique challenges of the comic book format, awareness of the comic book industry, and familiarity with Marvel’s characters a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.