Gamenight Cutter (Live Events and Archives)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524989BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted 02/08/2018
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLBAM, and the National Hockey League. Our proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals any time and on any device.
Cutters will be responsible for adjusting the in and out points of all plays logged during an event as well as event archives. Highlights and archives will be made available to the customer via the website and mobile devices.
Shifts and Pay: Most events will be nights and weekends. Personnel will be assigned 1-2 games a day for 1-2 days per week to start. The opportunity exists to work more games as the season progresses depending on performance and availability. Events will be paid hourly.
- Quality checking the audio and video of every pitch in a game and adjusting the in and out points as necessary to ensure the entire play is contained in the clip using our proprietary cutting software. These clips will be prioritized based upon which product they will be used for.
- Verifying and processing various archives at the end of each shift. Updating metadata and publishing highlights to various platforms for specialty events.
- Knowledge of the rules of baseball as well as a familiarity in identifying key players and relevant game storylines.
- Flexibility to work various shifts when needed including weekends and late nights and some holidays.
- Motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate.
- Capability of identifying various audio and video issues.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Mac OS, Outlook, Word, Excel and some form of video editing software.
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
This position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.