Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Global Portfolio Management & Transactions Intern - Fall 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 808428BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
Global Portfolio Management & Transactions, Corporate Real Estate, is responsible for managing TWDC’s worldwide real estate portfolio and providing real estate support enterprise wide. The goal of TWDC’s Global Portfolio Management & Transactions group is to provide and implement strategic and economic real estate solutions for our many lines of businesses, as well as align with TWDC’s overall corporate policies and procedures.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
The Intern, Global Portfolio Management & Transactions, Corporate Real Estate, will assist the three managers in NYC with various phases of a real estate project/transaction. The Intern will be responsible for creating documents to launch projects, managing existing reporting tools and creating new tools as necessary. The Intern will also interface and collaborate closely with in-house partners including Design & Delivery, Operations, Legal, Finance, Treasury, Lease Administration, and client service providers.
As the Global Portfolio Management & Transactions Intern you will have the opportunity to interface with business units and provide support including:
- Gathering and assembling information required to initiate projects
- Following up on critical date information/timelines
- Producing project kick-off forms requiring strong writing skills and a thorough understanding of the projects
- Collecting and reviewing market data and intelligence
- Assisting team members with assumptions to support financial options analysis
- Benchmarking key business unit initiatives, corporate standards and industry best practices
- Collaborating with team members and regional project management teams while assembling and reconciling the information necessary to develop business justifications to ensure the alignment between portfolio strategies and business objectives
- Assisting the portfolio management team with various ad hoc projects including external benchmarking efforts to establish performance metrics and organizational performance targets.
- Administrative tasks and support as needed
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for...
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to analyze multi-faceted issues in relation to market, business and long-term space planning
- Exceptional follow-up and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to prepare written business cases
- Ability to handle confidential information when interacting with internal and external partners while supporting the development and implementation of real estate strategies
- Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and self-motivation
- Team player encompassing a positive attitude with the ability to take accurate direction from team members
- Ability to outline business unit requirements in the context of corporate standards and governance
- Relevant experience including transaction management, brokerage, strategy development, asset management and/or client services within a finance, legal, commercial and/or corporate real estate environment.
- Strong proficiency with the use of MS Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to conduct market research and present findings to senior leadership
- Experience with administrative duties
- Previous experience in a professional environment; ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Professionalism; comfortable interacting with Senior Leaders on a regular basis
- Experience using Tririga
- Strong project/team management, finance, and analytical skills.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing a degree in Communications, Business, Finance, Legal, Engineering or closely related field
- The approximate dates of this internship are September 2021 through January 2022.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.