Already applied?View Dashboard
Graphic Designer Illustrator, Creative ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 545319BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 04/06/2018
Job Summary:Marvel’s Global Creative Services team is looking for a talented and energetic graphic designer with strong illustration skills to join our team. You must be a motivated and passionate team player. Working closely with other designers, you’ll constantly be challenged and have the opportunity to develop designs for multiple Marvel Theatrical and Evergreen properties. You should be well versed in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as these will be the primary (but not only) tools used on a daily basis.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Character Illustration and clean up for traditional, digital and vector-based artwork
- Provide design support for the creation of logos, thematic mood boards, product applications and creative assets such as badges, patterns and situational artwork for inclusion in Marvel’s Theatrical and Evergreen consumer products style guides
- Designing style guide layouts and templates for various Marvel properties
- Prepping files for distribution on the Marvel Consumer Products style guide system
Basic Qualifications:We're Looking for Individuals With:
- 3-5 years’ graphic design experience
- Expert level proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design.
- Strong illustration skills including traditional and digital pencil, digital inking, digital painting and vector artwork.
- Excellent creative thinking, graphic design and typography skills
- Ability to work in a wide range of styles and experience with a variety of graphic design techniques
- Initiative and willingness to take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility, Organization & Time Management: ability to multi-task various assignments, prioritize workload and take responsibility for deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Team player that can also work independently
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and Outlook.
- An impressive portfolio of work exhibiting strong aesthetic and design skills
Preferred Qualifications:It’s a major plus (but not required) if you have:
- Knowledge of Marvel characters and/or properties
- Experience working with licensed brands and/or artwork
- Experience with 3D programs
- Experience with print production
- Comicbook illustration experience
Required EducationBA / BS in related field.
Additional Information:Please provide resume, website portfolio link and cover letter. Cover letter should the portfolio link and salary expectations.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.