Group Sales Assistant (PT)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10059540 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Sep. 18, 2023
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, inclusion, collaboration and creativity. Stories shape how we see ourselves and everyone around us. As storytellers, we have the power to not only uplift and inspire, but also to champion the spectrum of voices in our world. If you want to help tell compelling, diverse and enduring stories through movies, music or live theater, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Theatrical Group (DTG) is in search of a Part-Time Group Sales Assistant (GSA) for the Disney on Broadway Groups Sales Department. This position reports directly to the Manager, Group Sales.
The Group Sales Assistant (GSA) will focus on operational tasks related to group sales booking process. This position will collaborate with the Group Sales and Tourism team to ensure that guests communication and details related to their orders are processed effectively and prompt. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, detail oriented, and a passion for guest service. This position will be office based, work 25 hours per week and the candidate must be available during morning hours.
- Process Orders and Drive Operation Efficiency
- Process all operational aspects of group ticket requests including invoicing, payments, and ticket shipping for Disney’s Theatrical Productions in New York City.
- Reviewing box office requests to ensure all orders are up to date.
- Actively reach out to guests whose payments are overdue.
- Assist with answering the group sales 1-800 phone line.
- Be Passionate for Efficiency, Collaboration and Communication:
- Work with the Manager of Group Sales to review/plan weekly tasks.
- Be an advocate for improving sales processes.
- Maintain customer records by logging and keeping correct and precise information in CRM/order databases.
- Establish clear communication with team members and various box office teams for fulfillment of ticket orders.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Basic Qualifications:
- Must enjoy talking to guests on the phone.
- Individuals should have a proactive self-starting approach, strong written, verbal, interpersonal and problem-solving communication skills.
- Exhibit superb relationship building.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours if needed.
- Passion for interacting with and providing an inclusive, high-quality experience for all guests.
- Demonstrate high standards of professional integrity to uphold TWDC (The Walt Disney Company) core values.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Additional Information: DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
The pay rate for this role in New York is $19.95 to $25.82 per hour. The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.