Guest Services ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 828170BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jul. 16, 2021
Disney Theatrical Group seeks a Guest Services Manager for our New Amsterdam Theater. As the Guest Services Manager you will work closely with the Senior Theater Manager to supervise operations and provide direction to the front of house staff during performances and any special events.
- Managing guest services program, to ensure unforgettable guest experiences through unmatched service
- Oversee the daily operation of the New Amsterdam Theater Front of House including: guest services, training, staffing, and payroll. Partner with vendors and suppliers of hospitality services.
- Plan for and ensure that all personnel, facilities and materials are in complete readiness for operation
- Maintain compliance with safety and security protocols
- Partner with the Senior Theater Manager to manage the staffing level by ensuring appropriate staffing utilization, par staffing levels and appropriate manpower to run an efficient operation
- Responsible for the development of theater staff: training, coaching, counsel, and mentoring to increase guest & team member satisfaction
- Create detail reports on each performance including House Reports and Incident/Accident Reports
- Manage and record all Floor Director Reports
- Oversee and manage all special dignitary visits and backstage tours
- Oversee uniforms for staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Candidates must have proven management experience in Theater or Guest Services.
- Experience in people management, planning, fostering teamwork and providing feedback is imperative for this role.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication, organization and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent ability to manage with a leveled approach at all times.
- All Applicants must be able to work a fluctuating schedule which may include nights, weekends, and holidays; and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Experience in the theater and/or the entertainment industry preferred.
- Passion for historic theatre preservation and NYC history a plus.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with New Amsterdam Development Corporation, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
New Amsterdam Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.