Health & Safety Manager / Supervisor Covid Compliance Film ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 865394BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 23, 2021
The Safety and Health Supervisor / Manager will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set working in conjunction with Health & Safety team leaders, UPM and other department heads.
- Lead COVID-19 health and safety planning in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Determines and ensures that each production meets the health and safety standards on daily basis in order to continue production
- Assisting with management of COVID testing of all cast and crew
- Communication plan including safety briefings onset, hotspot information, health updates, memos
- Ensure required health compliance training for all crew, talent, etc. is provided
- Plan and oversee the ordering and distribution of supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.)
- Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
- Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting including cleaning vendors
- Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
- Establish and lead an on-set network of crew members to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
- Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
- Review prep and shooting schedules and work with HOD to ensure all procedures (pods, teams, etc.) established and maintained throughout the production
- Work closely with Set Medic
- Work with departments to implement social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
- Establish and manage on site testing vendor relationship, including scheduling, tracking and distribution of results to crew
- Experience working on set with feature film production or television production
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Ability to escalate issues to the Health & Safety team leaders
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence and maintain policy/protocol with crew.
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
- Highly creative and driven to problem solve
- Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
- Basic knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations, Covid-19 safety protocols is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Desire to continue development of technical skills and industry knowledge.
- This is a Project Hire position
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.