Health & Science Reporter - ABC News DigitalApply NowApply Later Job ID 863917BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 21, 2021
This reporter will have a strong sense of how to approach a story holistically – using videos, photos and social embeds to create text stories that are sharp, informative and highly visual. This reporter will also work closely with the Digital video team to produce compelling video features and explainers. This reporter will also be expected to assist editors in the selection and curation of health and science content from our partners, such as Kaiser Health News.
The role is based at the ABC News headquarters in New York City.
- Pitch and write daily health and science stories and long-term enterprise ideas
- Turn around day-of stories with speed and accuracy
- Collaborate with newsgathering and broadcast show teams
- Identify fresh, engaging story ideas, angles and sources
- Maintain health and science-related live blogs, such as a COVID-19 live blog, in coordination with editors
- At least 3 years news writing experience, preferably covering health and science with an online news organization or a news organization with a significant online presence
- Proven ability to write clean copy on a deadline
- Experience with web publishing and AP style
- Track record of collaborating with reporters and editors of all experience levels in a fast-paced newsroom.
- BA or BS from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in journalism from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.