Already applied?View Dashboard
HR Specialist (Part-Time, NY)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 669802BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
Job Summary:At Walt Disney Television, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills…
The HR Specialist performs a wide range of responsibilities within a framework set by HR leadership and the local client in support of our service delivery model which includes:
- Strategy Development
- Organization Design
- Global Talent Management
- Organization & Employee Effectiveness
- Change and Transition Management
- Functional HR Integration
Additionally, the person in this role will dedicate approximately 15% of his/her time to general administrative tasks in support of the HRBP team. Such tasks include calendaring meetings, coordinating conference calls/video conferences, preparing PowerPoint presentations, planning team events, preparing expense reports, planning travel, and other support tasks as needed.
- Provide high quality, timely and professional client service and follow through to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Assist in advising and providing guidance in the administration of HR related policies, procedures and best practices.
- In partnership with HR Operations, support on-boarding and off-boarding activities. Partner with leaders and employees as needed through each step of the way, with a special attention to sensitive situations (e.g. involuntary separation). Provide coaching to leaders to make sure they understand all the steps involved, ensuring a seamless experience for the business and the employees.
- Help support end of year processes, including but not limited to compensation planning, talent calibration, performance review and assist with respective reporting and data collection.
- Maintain accurate client org charts, headcount and staff augmentation reports, were applicable.
- Administer local recognition programs and employee development offerings such as Lunch & Learns (as needed and/or when sponsored by HR) and/or client driven mentor programs.
- Provide information to leaders and HRBP’s in the development of talent solutions such as resources for career development and learning opportunities, or job descriptions for hiring.
- Proactively document, maintain, and organize area practices and protocols related to HR policy administration and standards.
- Stay current on changes to HR policies and processes, and communicate changes to appropriate audiences.
- Establish and maintain strong cross functional relationships with HR functional partners and key stakeholders.
- Report and/or create presentations that discuss the findings of a research project.
- Demonstrates curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the ‘big picture’.
- Solutions oriented professional that enjoys thinking ‘outside the box’ in order to come up with the best solution to meet client and business needs.
- Strong, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience (individual contributor to executive level).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while delivering on high quality results and follow through.
- Relationship focused, with approachable style and ability to establish rapport with employees and key partners at all levels.
- Resourceful in navigating various company policies and processes, in order to ensure a comprehensive response to a client need, or inquiry.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fastpaced, highly ambiguous environment. Adaptable in navigating through change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Outlook, SAP and the Internet.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an HR or customer/client service oriented professional role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.