New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 782738BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 23, 2021
Job Summary:The Implementation Manager will manage the critical Production IT projects as directed by Production IT leadership, elevate issues, and coordinate with other business segments in order to ensure successful completion of IT initiatives. This person will also provide data about IT projects to leadership regularly so they can manage and prioritize technical work for ABC News.
- Partners with the Production IT leadership to develop a process for intake, planning, managing, and operationalizing projects
- Documents value proposition for critical IT projects in partnership with the Production IT staff involved
- Defines the framework for managing projects and partners with the architects, systems and network engineers to ensure it can be operationalized
- Creates templates for technical staff to self-manage and report on initiatives they are working on
- Assists technical staff in identifying and documenting critical path items to minimize gaps in technical plans
- Manages the initiative portfolio for Production IT from a reporting perspective to highlight resource or timeline constraints
- Manages execution of critical Production IT projects as assigned by IT leadership
- Ensures there are plans for every project and that milestones are being defined and managed to
- Consolidates project information and presents dashboards to leadership weekly so they can make decisions and prioritize
- Elevates issues and blockers, including resource, technical, or operational gaps
- Experience managing technical projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical curiosity
- PMP certified
- Media experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.