Infrastructure Automation Architect, Project Hire
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 800648BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Jun. 07, 2021
Job Summary:The Infrastructure Automation Architect is a technology role within ABC News responsible for architecture and implementation of infrastructure and infrastructure automation, enabling teams to spin up solutions faster to meet the demands of the business. This individual will design and implement solutions supporting media production, applying best practices, and will provide technical guidance to their peers and other technical teams.
- Design and implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) automation solutions that address business requirements
• Investigate automation opportunities to increase speed and efficiency on production projects
• Perform automation, templating, integration, and orchestration services while working within the constraints of vendor solutions
• Monitor performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
• Conduct research on automation products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry
• Develop standards that will transcend from on-prem to the public cloud enabling a hybrid design
Basic Qualifications:Experience with traditional infrastructure in enterprise computing environments
• Experience automating public cloud deployments
• Experience with systems templating and automation using a wide range of hypervisors
• Experience with networking automation
• Understanding of live and file-based media production workflows
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment
• Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Able to manager their own projects
Preferred Qualifications:Familiarity with the following: Elastic, SPLUNK, Postgres, Redis, JFrog, Kafka
• Experience with real time IP complex media automation solutions
• Experience developing standards and best practices documentation
• Experience using modern development tools and environments (GIT, Docker, Linux/Unix)
• Experience with implementation and operation of Ansible and one or more automation and orchestration tools and platforms (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, VMWare VRA, ServiceNow, Arista CVP)
• Experience creating pipelines and automation to deploy containerized applications
• Experience with metrics gathering, monitoring, and alerting activities with tools such as New Relic, Sumo Logic, CloudWatch, and OpsGenie
• Knowledge of ITIL, Agile and LEAN principles
• Knowledge and experience with security and IAM
• Experience in designing solutions for a 24/7 active environment
Required EducationRelated degree in computer science or production IT engineering and/or five to ten years equivalent automation architecture experience.
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.