Infrastructure EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 605539BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 06, 2018
Job Summary:BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City or San Francisco, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
The BLE Team, responsible for platform monitoring, metrics & alerting is hiring. We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with a keen interest in monitoring and metrics. The ideal candidate has a rich and diverse technical background, is creative, and passionate about monitoring & performance
Your typical day includes designing and developing monitoring tools as well as infrastructure to support the BAMTECH environment and its related clients on a Linux/VMWare/OpenStack hybrid cloud, bare metal and AWS environment.
If you think you can apply your skill-set to some, or all of the following, we would love the opportunity to speak with you! Candidates should have at 3-4 years of experience in the field.
- Detailed experience with bash/sh shell scripting
- Experience with Ruby or Python
- Experience using debugging tools (gdb, strace, lsof, ltrace)
- Experience with Source Control Systems (git in particular)
- UNIX/Linux System Administration
- Demonstrable knowledge of RedHat based package management systems, including SPEC design and GPG signed RPM builds
- Broad experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu etc)
- Experience building applications from source
- Experience with building highly scalable, redundant, monitoring infrastructure utilizing RHEV/or OpenStack, and/or AWS
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Cloudfront) or similar
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with RHEV
- Sensu monitoring framework
- Icinga Monitoring Framework
- Graphite/InfluxDB/OpenTSDB Metrics framework
- ELK (ElasticSearch Logstash Kibana) logging framework
- NewRelic experience a plus
- Experience with Nagios or Nagios fork platforms a plus
- Knowledge of layer2/3 switching, VLAN, VXLAN, inter-VLAN routing, LACP, Etherchannel
- Knowledge of BIND DNS(nsupdate, dnssec, stubs, delegation)
- Knowledge of SNMP, IPMI
- Experience with AAA methods; FreeIPA. LDAP, AD, PAM, SSH, Kerberos, Radius, SAML
- Experience with load-balancing/traffic management
Automation / Continuous Integration:
- Experience with automated integration tools such as Jenkins, CruiseControl, Rundeck
- Experience with Unit Testing and automation techniques around it
- Detailed experience with Ansible/Puppet
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.