New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 768725BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 18, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an environment for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team to help build a world class live media streaming platform that spans the globe. Whether New York City or San Francisco, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
The Instrumentation Engineering team, which is responsible for global platform monitoring, metrics & alerting is hiring. We are looking for a Mid-Level Infrastructure Engineer with a keen interest in monitoring and metrics and how they power the Disney+ platform.
Responsibilities:The ideal candidate has a rich and diverse technical background, is creative, and passionate about monitoring & performance. Your typical day in Instrumentation Engineering includes designing and developing monitoring tools as well as building infrastructure to support the DSS environment and its related clients in a multi-datacenter Linux based hybrid cloud, bare metal and AWS environment. Candidates should have 3 years of experience in the field.
• Detailed experience with bash/sh shell scripting
• Detailed experience with Python or go languages
• Familiarity with devops practices
• Experience using debugging tools (gdb, strace, lsof, ltrace)
• Experience with git version control system
• Broad UNIX/Linux System Administration abilities
• Demonstrable knowledge of RedHat based package management, including SPEC design and GPG signed RPM builds
• Experience building applications from source
• Experience with building scalable, & redundant monitoring infrastructure utilizing RHEV/or OpenStack, and/or AWS
• Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Cloudfront) or similar
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with RHEV
• Strong experience with Graphite/Grafana Metrics framework or similar time series DB platforms
• Strong experience with ELK (ElasticSearch Logstash Kibana) logging framework
• Experience with Nagios or Nagios fork platforms a plus
• Experience with Cassandra, Kafka a plus
• Experience with Sensu monitoring framework or similar
• Experience with Icinga Monitoring Framework or similar
• Knowledge of layer2/3 switching, VLAN, VXLAN, inter-VLAN routing, LACP
• Knowledge of BIND DNS (nsupdate, dnssec, stubs, delegation)
• Knowledge of SNMP, IPMI
• Experience with AAA methods; FreeIPA. LDAP, AD, PAM, SSH, Kerberos, Radius, SAML
• Experience with load-balancing/traffic management platforms (haproxy, nginx, etc)
Automation / Continuous Integration:
• Experience with automated integration tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck
• Experience with Unit Testing and supporting automation techniques
• Strong experience with Ansible/Puppet
• Comfortable with Jira project management
• Strong interpersonal skills a must
• Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
• Ability to work independently with external teams a must
• Exposure to streaming media general practices a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.