Already applied?View Dashboard
Interactive DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 547504BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Date posted Apr. 17, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel’s digital group is seeking an Interactive Designer who is motivated to create compelling design solutions through effective user experience and visual design. You will be working closely with the creative lead, product managers, project managers, developers, business owners, marketers and content creators to translate assignments into stunning visuals and unique experiences for Marvel – one of the coolest brands in the world. Our designers have a collaborative, open-minded approach. Please note: this is a full-time, ON-SITE position.
- Conceptualize and execute visual and UX design solutions across a variety of projects: original content, websites, apps, digital products, print materials, marketing assets, presentations and unique digital experiences
- Understand and work to meet requirements, creative direction and visual brand guidelines
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Clearly communicate with all levels of professionals across the organization
- Collaborate with developers to produce beautiful interactions
- Self-motivated, organized and able to work on several projects at a time
- Help to ensure successful representation of the Marvel brand across media
- 3+ years work experience
- Portfolio showcasing strong creative concepts and solid experience with a variety of industries and deliverables
- Graphic skills: color, typography, iconography, branding, graphic manipulation and layout
- UI/UX skills: wire framing, prototyping, web fonts, responsive web design, and strong understanding of usability principles, information architecture and best practices
- Experience building files for both print and digital
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, Microsoft Office
- Organized, resourceful and dependable, able to work independently and collaboratively
- Able to multitask, work quickly while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Illustration skill is a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in design or related field
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.