Inventory ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 773913BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, adjust forecasts, and evaluate forecast results
- Suggest and monitor inventory allocations across accounts
- Create and maintain business vertical sales forecasts on a monthly basis
- Conduct quarterly reviews with the sales and other business leaders, highlighting risks and opportunities to the business. Identify emerging trends, risks and opportunities
- Conduct quarterly reviews with each sales rep, helping to build business plans in order to hit annual sales targets by major account
- Build annual sales budgets with the assistance of business leaders
- Contribute to the weekly Sales & Marketing meeting by providing key drivers and demand assumptions
- Develop analytical models to improve eBooks forecasts utilizing measures such as price elasticity, promotion performance, and external information
- Research and identify process improvement opportunities, including by not limited to forecasting software enhancements and internal workflow changes
- Measure and improve forecasting accuracy for the major business verticals
- Attend Daily Sales Updates, incorporating insights into demand forecast
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in demand planning
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Retail Merchandising, Planning, and Buying is preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal skills with all levels of the company
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong business acumen
- Publishing experience or a an interest in publishing a plus
- Interest in Disney brands a plus
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.