iOS Engineer (Marvel)
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 703642BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
Job Summary:Marvel Entertainment is seeking a talented iOS Engineer.
At Marvel you will work closely with a creative team on mobile products used by a committed core of Marvel fans. You will give technical input during product design and aid other developers in adopting new technologies and methodologies. This is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in building our new mobile platform, so it’s essential that you be attracted to ideation, invention and building software from the ground up.
The candidate will work under the direction of the Marvel Engineering team members to help build end-to-end systems architecture, working with back-end engineers, in a cross-functional team.
- Maintenance and new development of Objective-C and Swift code
- Maintain high level performance quality
- Work with traditional software lifecycle methodologies in an AGILE/Scrum setting
- Go from idea to implementation
- Perform clean and well-tested coding, application debugging and validation
- Participate in design brainstorming sessions, technical design reviews, bug triage, and functional walkthroughs
- Create implementation design documents and communicate clearly proposed solutions
- Objective‐C, Swift, XCode, CoreData, AFNetworking, Alamofire, Cocoapods, Storyboard, Accessibility on iOS
- Git, Jenkins, Fastlane, Code Signing
- Software development experience in Objective-C or Swift using the iOS ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of XCode/AppCode IDE, iOS build and app distribution processes
- Have published one or more iOS apps to the Apple Store
- Experience integrating APIs and back-end services with mobile applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of building responsive UI experiences across phones and tablets
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Knowledge of the iOS performance tools, optimization techniques, memory management
- Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency with a proven record of following
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Critical thinking skills and a high attention to detail
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or 3+ years working with iOS development
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.