iOS/ Mobile Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 977671BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
We are looking for an associate software engineer to join our Apple platforms team.
This is an opportunity to work on apps such as Disney+, Star+, and Hulu with some of
the greatest minds in streaming media. If tackling interesting technical challenges while
developing industry leading apps used by tens of millions of people excites you, then
this is the role for you.
● Develop feature-rich native iOS/tvOS applications for iPhones, iPads, Apple
Watch, and Apple TV
● Write clear, well-tested, performant code
● Work with other developers to create sustainable, well-architected solutions that
are built to last
● Debug production issues and solve novel problems
● Be part of an agile team participating in the full lifecycle of application
development, including responsibility for entire features
● Help mentor associate team members and collaborate with peers through code
● Continuously take advantage of opportunities to learn and teach others
Basic Qualifications:● Strong understanding of Swift, Apple Frameworks, and the Xcode ecosystem
● Experience integrating with backend systems, web services, and third-party
● At least 2 years of relevant experience working on iOS development
Preferred Qualifications:● Hold high standards of quality for both the codebases you contribute to and the
applications you build
● A growth mindset towards learning and a desire to give and receive feedback
● Experience communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders (technical
● Experience with AVFoundation and streaming media including VOD and Live
● Experience with building and maintaining frameworks, including XCFrameworks,
on Apple platforms
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.