Java DeveloperApply NowApply Later Job ID 10040260 Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Feb. 01, 2023
- Design and develop application software solutions by converting user requirements and functional specifications into technical design specifications and program code following a software development lifecycle
- Produce well designed, organized, optimized, and documented code
- Participate in technical architecture and design activities for various projects
- Develop project related artifacts as required per the SDLC process including functional and technical design documentation, software requirements and specifications, code migration, development and service management operations and processes, back up and maintenance plans etc.
- Perform planning and estimation of software development activities for assigned project. Assist in overall project timelines and estimation activities.
- Work collaboratively with Enterprise Architecture, Information Security and Data Governance Teams in the design and development of application solutions.
- Provide programming and technical production support for various enterprise applications (Oracle, Agile PLM etc.) and custom software solutions, as required.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 4+ years of hands on software development experience, including system integrations, migrations and conversions
- Advanced skills with Java, J2EE, RESTful/SOAP web services, Angular 2
- Experience with several of the following tools: JQuery, VBA, CSS, Oracle ADF, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Oracle ERP, OAF, Oracle BPM, .NET Framework, C#, Azure Fabric programming Model, Micro Services development and deployment platforms
- Must have: Oracle database, PL/SQL, ETL Tool experience
- Working knowledge of UNIX shell scripting, Windows PowerShell
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Application tables and APIs (Financials, Supply Chain, HR modules) is a plus
- Working knowledge of GIT version control a plus
- Experience with performance tuning of custom software solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good technical documentation skills (i.e. flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code, etc.)
- Comfortable reviewing program code of other developers
The hiring range for this position in New York is $131,000 to $150,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.