Already applied?View Dashboard
Junior Sales & Communications AdministratorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 675874BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jun. 03, 2019
Job Summary:The Junior Sales & Communications Administrator will be responsible for creating, updating, tracking and planning for all sales communications and materials for comic and collected editions, both print and digital.
Responsibilities:Comics and Collected editions – Print and digital
- Develop relationships with key comic press outlets to successfully place constant news stories that drive sales and improve Marvel brand
- Arranges interviews, comic previews, comic announcements and more
- Establish initial announcements on books from Marvel Previews Catalog
- Manage and write ongoing press releases schedule and maintains release schedule
- Assists in creation of marketing plans for key events, projects, and initiatives
- Coordinate variant cover announcements
- Maintain strong contact with Marvel publishing editorial team to develop intimate knowledge of all current and upcoming projects
- Liaison with PR group to ensure mass media buzz for large stories and to triage any public relations problems
- Interacts with promotional group to maintain upcoming programs
- Assists with announcement strategy and announcement text around comic and book conventions
- Manages weekly meeting for Sales and Communications group
- Assist with creation of Previews Catalog and promotional items
- Maintain social media for comics and collected editions
- Work with other divisions within Marvel to provide synergy with Publishing
- Studios and Television
- Disney divisions
- Proficiency in excel, power point, word, social media platforms, photo shop
- A degree in Communications, Marketing or English is preferred.
- Intimate knowledge of the Marvel brand, including the publishing division.
- Experience in public speaking, writing press releases & creating marketing plans
- A self-starter with an impeccable ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects at once.
Required EducationBA / BS degree or relevant work experience.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.