Lead Data Analyst, ESPN+ Core Growth
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774978BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 05, 2021
Job Summary:We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Analyst to join our Subscriber Analytics team to support the design, build and testing of subscriber reporting. Focused on ESPN+, they will maintain the core business logic used to measure subscriber growth across ESPN+ products. The analyst will support operation analytics and reporting for Business Operations, Finance, and Product, ensuring a stable and robust reporting ecosystem. The analyst will partner closely with Disney+ Core Growth to enable unified accounting of subscribers across Disney Streaming Services-operated services. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and extensive hands-on experience with reporting and communicating data. You will be working on data analysis, KPI definitions, data investigations and the delivery of organized insights and ideas for rapid and clear communication.
The Subscriber Analytics function masters exploratory data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations that serve the dual purpose of driving business decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. This team collaborates cross-functionally across the Disney Streaming Services organization, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company to generate insightful, compelling and strategic analysis and plans. Product, Marketing, Engineering and Analytics teams will be your partners to execute on innovative methods and best-in-class practices that power all of our improvements. The team’s work will drive the development of business and operational plans that are expected to have broad influence at all levels of the organization.
- Create, deliver and continuously improve our measurement methodologies around ESPN+ subscriber growth. Ask good questions, generate hypotheses.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities to drive growth.
- Understand the underlying systems and business processes that populate critical datasets
- Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage
- Facilitate coordination and communication across teams (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, analytics, Product, Engineering) to drive consistent measurement and align takeaways
- Analyze and report key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
- Translate complex reporting needs into technical specifications, including calculations, custom groups, parameters, filtering criteria and/or aggregations
- Analyze subscriber and behavior data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
- Build forecasting andtomate reports and dashboards that provide insights into business measurement and effectiveness
- Build intuitive presentations, interfaces, infographics and visualizations to tell stories with data
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business, product and marketing decisions
- 7+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with SQL and/or Python
- Proficiency with SQL
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying code
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in financial and customer data sets, including subscriber acquisition and retention metrics
- Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solutions, document the changes, and communicate organizational impact
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations in a timely manner
- Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker. It’s a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
- Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.