Lead Product Designer, Enterprise
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 865796BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 04, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming comprises the leading premium streaming services offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Disney Streaming has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV and Movies. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining the industry through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Disney Streaming life is all about.
Do you want to join an award-winning team at the fastest growing company in streaming TV? We’re seeking a Lead Product Designer for our Enterprise Product Design team who wants to build beautifully crafted, impactful, business-changing products.
This role will lead product design for the Business Intelligence (BI) vertical within our Enterprise Product Design team. You will oversee the work of at least one other designer and potentially be a people manager for them. You will be the primary point of contact for projects with the BI domain, and as such, you will contribute to the roadmap and set the product design strategy for the BI tools.
The right candidate will have extensive experience leading long-term, complex projects from inception to launch (and data-informed iteration). You'll need to be an effective cross-functional problem solver who demonstrates extreme ownership and is comfortable presenting to executive stakeholders. Having an ecosystem-centered mindset will help you succeed in this role, as the products we design affect multiple areas of Disney Streaming’s business.
A note about location: We are a distributed team with offices in NYC, SF, Burbank, Santa Monica and Seattle. We’re still working remote, but looking toward a hybrid model when it’s safe to reopen offices. We’d like this role to be located commuting distance from one of our offices but will consider exceptional remote candidates.
- Lead product design for the Business Intelligence domain, overseeing the work of at least one other designer and potentially being a people manager for them.
- Be an excellent human, exhibiting compassion for your teammates and integrity in your actions and decisions
- Apply your expert skills in application design, visual design, creative and analytical thinking, and productive workflows to design new products and improve existing ones
- Perform all functions of the product design lifecycle, including research, concepts, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, documentation, and testing
- Contribute to product strategy by defining problems in insightful ways, understanding business needs, and innovating within technical constraints
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions
- Contribute to and help maintain component libraries
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first while balancing the needs of the business
- 7+ years experience designing & shipping software
- 1+ years of experience leading other designers either as a project lead or people manager
- Craft and mastery in multiple design skills, design thinking, and design process
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- High aptitude for teamwork and open collaboration
- Consulting skills to help stakeholders & partners uncover project goals, constraints & dependencies; and then guide them to optimal solutions
- Passion for evolving the design practice; it’s people, processes, and tools
- Experience with various design tools and interfaces – Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Invision, prototyping tools
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.