Lead Product Designer
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763345BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 22, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, television and live sports. Fans demand content on their own terms: anywhere, anytime on any device. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible. The design team has a pivotal role at Disney in giving form to new ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
Responsibilities:We are looking for a senior product designer to join our product design practice. This designer can identify the needs of real users and iterate through sketching, prototyping and testing until they arrive at a solution that exceeds user expectations. Your influence will not only have a major impact on this team, but collectively, your work will delight millions of people worldwide.
As a Senior Designer you will:
- Follow a user-centered, evidence-backed, design process, understanding real users motivations, behaviors and goals. We listen to our guests, and let their needs guide us to the best solutions.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Design complex, multi-state conditional interfaces across multiple platforms. Our users run our apps on mobile, web, tv and voice-based devices.
- Design for a diverse audience, from first time visitors to power-users, with various levels of accessibility, in languages and regions across the globe.
- Bring a holistic understanding of how different factors (aesthetics, user state, performance, copywriting, customer journey, etc.) impact the user experience.
- Rapidly ideate potential solutions and convey initial creative ideas and concepts; at various levels of fidelity using sketches, mockups and prototypes.
- Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to stakeholder reviews to 1:1s.
- You have 6+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Collaborative, working well within a team environment to work as a group toward the best solution for the user.
- Open, transparent and data driven with your designs, sharing them early and often with peers and stakeholders.
- Self directed in managing your work. Proactive about communicating project progress, status, and workload.
- Able to present and defend your design decisions to a variety of audiences.
- Strategic, always considering how your work solves user, team and business needs.
- A systems thinker, looking towards building sustainable and scalable solutions through reusable design patterns and libraries
- Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design team
- Experience with various design tools - Sketch, Abstract, Invision, prototyping tools
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.