Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 889853BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 24, 2021
The team is responsible for building internal tools to help various teams within Disney Streaming Services input and manage offers enabled for Disney+ and ESPN+ customers around the world and to enable the Growth Engineering teams to get visibility into user information relating to billing, payments, subscriptions, offers, pricing and plan metadata.
This is a newly formed team based out of the San Francisco office and you will be one of the early engineers on the team influencing the architecture and development of a branch new Offer Management Platform - tooling and backend services. We are a fast paced and fast growing team, where you will have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, promotions and offers as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in comparing and evaluating competing technologies/languages/libraries to solve complex problems.
- Experience working on applications using Functional Programming languages (Scala/Haskell/Clojure/Lisp) as well as web interfaces (ES6, CSS3).
- Excellent grasp of software development fundamentals, software design patterns and functional programming paradigms.
- Prior experience working with React/Redux or similar frameworks for UI rendering and state management.
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL) as well as NoSQL (DynamoDB/Cassandra)
- Independent, proactive and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
- Strong motivation in picking up new domains and writing and shipping well-tested code
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work with multi-functional business partners
- Strong interpersonal and project coordination skills
- Experience/interest in evangelizing Functional Programming designs/paradigms.
- Experience presenting and advocating for architectural/technological choices.
- Experience working with workflow driven complex internal tools.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.