Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049795 Location New York, New York, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States / San Francisco, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States / Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 18, 2023
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups and other scrum ceremonies.
- Design new solutions and drive alignment across engineering and product teams.
- Expertly break down work at the epic level, setting project goals.
- Prioritize work within a project to deliver on the most necessary or urgent requirements.
- Anticipate and mitigate risk on projects.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders on project progress.
- Write code to implement new features or optimize existing services.
- Determine the most efficient means to sufficiently test new code: unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, etc.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation for our tier-1 critical services facing millions of users worldwide.
- Use logs, monitoring tools, and work with developers to determine root causes across distributed components.
- Set standard processes for the team for on-call responsibilities such as deployments, monitoring, and investigating incidents
- Perform code reviews for members of the team, bearing a sense of responsibility for approved code.
- Coach and mentor teammates in an open, supportive, flexible, empathetic manner. Help onboard new team members.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience crafting and operating backend services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of related experience crafting and operating large-scale, high-availability backend services.
- Demonstrated knowledge crafting and operating JVM services.
- Proven track record of designing and driving consensus on backend architectures.
- 1+ years of related experience using caching technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of asynchronous programming, object-oriented programming patterns, functional programming patterns, and source control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- 1+ years experience operating within a Public Cloud Provider (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with observability tools for metrics, logging, and monitoring (e.g., Datadog, Splunk, Grafana)
- Demonstrated knowledge of AGILE/Scrum practices.
- Skilled at work breakdown and task estimation.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members and others across Disney Streaming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of messaging technologies (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, etc.)
The hiring range for this position is $142,106 to $219,230 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.