Lead Technical Project Manager, Marketing Analytics
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764854BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 27, 2020
Job Summary:We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Marketing Analytics team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration, technical understanding and experience managing cross workstream technology initiatives. In this role you will directly contribute to the success of our products by holding regular planning sessions, managing stakeholders, outlining strategic project deliverables and coordinating directly with other technical project managers across Disney Streaming Services.
At Disney Streaming Services (DSS), data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Marketing Analytics works closely with Marketing, Data Engineering, Data Architecture, Subscriber and Content Analytics to drive tools and optimizations across the business. The Technical Project Manager will function as the interface between data, product and engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, road mapping and overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications.
- Participate in Marketing program activities and processes to include audience development, attribution modeling, performance optimization and reporting
- Build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate stakeholders simultaneously; cultivating relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison in software development
- Create key project and requirement documents, outlining technical specifications, roadmaps, objectives, milestones and blockers, driving high profile projects from start to finish
- Aid in prioritization of required engineering and analytics work for high visibility initiatives and projects
- Take Initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward, accurately forecasting risks and mitigating exposure to accomplishing projects
- Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level features and backlogs
- Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them, create strategic plans and decks oriented to deliver overall technology project goals to all stakeholders
- Serve as the product owner, primary point of contact for product and engineering teams, identifying and resolving roadblocks which could delay project deliverables
- Facilitate planning events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams, including story mapping, assigning of tickets, strategic planning sessions and scrum of scrums
- Serve as a team representative and interface directly with other technical project managers across engineering and product
- 5+ years’ experience as a Technical Project Manager, Project Manager or Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- 3 years of experience with scaled Agile in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of services oriented architecture and development practices, including implantation of analytics and clickstream tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Working within the Marketing/Advertising vertical
- Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
- Experience with Data Management Platforms (BlueKai preferred) and Liveramp
- Skilled in general ad technology, Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) and Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.