Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Learning & Talent Solutions Internship, DATG (NY)- Spring 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 615921BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Nov. 28, 2018
Job Summary:The HR Learning & Talent Solutions team at Disney/ABC Television Group develops and provides resources and experiences for employees at all levels to build skills and careers – ranging from onboarding programs to leadership training, team development, performance management and career tools, and talent/succession planning to help create pipelines of talent to unleash the growth of our business.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
Support all aspects of internal training, specifically New Hire Orientation for our NY offices, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate logistics: Reserve room, specify set-up, manage Outlook invites and communications
- Prepare materials: Participate in New Hire Orientation meetings, track and execute edits to learning content, ensure printing is done in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Burbank Team to ensure content is accurate and ready for delivery
- Manage communications between participants, Learning Team, and Recruitment
- Practice sound judgment when resolving issues and knowing who to reference when help is needed
- Support on-boarding activities for all new Cast Members
- Participate in facilitation/presentations
- Coordinate the logistics of team work sessions or team development activities, as required
- Record and track performance metrics and communicate results at regular intervals
- Proactively document, maintain, and organize activity related to change management, communications, integration planning
- Conduct internal research and/or industry benchmarking communicate results
- May be asked to lift 30 pounds of materials
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Excellent communication/collaboration, including sharp listening and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to build partnerships
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to research and resolve issues with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage competing demands while producing quality work
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong service orientation
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast paced, growing business
- Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
- Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience in an HR or customer/client service oriented professional role with mid/large size organization
- Demonstrates business orientation and acumen
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available from January to May 2019
- All candidates must be available to work part-time, at least 24 hours/work week (prefer Monday and Friday mornings as part of those hours)
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.