Linear Account ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10024321 Location New York, New York, United States / Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 10, 2022
Disney’s Linear Ad Operations team is seeking a Linear Account Manager, who will be an exceptional addition to our Disney Advertising Sales Operations team on one or more of our exciting brands. These brands are composed of The Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC Studios, ESPN, Hulu, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, FX and National Geographic as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. Linear Ad Operations leads the operational function for the Disney Ad Sales team. The Ad Operations team focuses on the functions of account management, trafficking, scheduling and sponsorship business for all Disney networks. We are committed to providing a high level of client service to our internal and external clients. We are looking for people who are excited to contribute to a high-performing team.
In this role, you will report into the Manager of Linear Ad Operations and will work closely with the Ad Operations team members and sales teams. The Linear Account Manager position will be responsible to lead and manage television Ad Sales accounts from booking to invoicing. This role takes a leadership position within the sales team to provide insight on advertiser behavior from both the buying and trafficking side of the agency. The right person for this role is meticulous and thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced collaborative environment, wants an opportunity to make a significant impact and jumps at the opportunity to tackle new challenges!
If you are someone who meets this description, then this is a great role for you.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Leads all deal account management and maintenance for all their assigned advertisers. This includes day to day point of contact for ad agencies and sales teams, booking commercial inventory, implementing agency requests and changes for their ad schedules, and ensures accuracy with deal points and traffic instructions
- Manages a specific list of accounts requiring higher account maintenance and client requests, as well as increased knowledge of client campaigns.
- Acquires, inputs and verifies advertising materials from agencies and clients
- Provide ongoing feedback for improved efficiencies
- Ensure deal dollars are booked and consistent to what the advertiser purchased
- Resolves invoice discrepancies to further our network collection target of 75-day DSO (improves company cash flow)
- Work with Accounting to execute pricing adjustments for units post-air and other invoice adjustments as needed
- Partner with planning to ensure accuracy of MSA Post materials and provide the agency with insights into their delivery on a quarterly basis or as needed
- Work with the traffic team as needed to ensure booked inventory corresponds to the traffic instructions received, escalating with the buying agency and sales when required. Ensure that agency positioning and programming needs are met.
- Responds to evolving business needs, and tasks/projects set forth by management
- Will provide peers additional training on either role responsibilities or account specific learning
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with buying agencies, creative agencies, traffic agencies and internal departments supporting Customer Marketing and Sales
- Adhere to all department’s Service Level Agreements
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- BA/BS or equivalent-work experience
- 2+ years of experience in related industry
- Has novice experience with the Disney Ad Sales and operations processes
- Can operate within the context of highly defined, routine processes and procedures adhering to organizational deadlines
- Proven leadership & problem-solving skills
- Has knowledge of Disney’s multimedia properties
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Proven leadership & problem-solving skills
- Has experience and enjoys both working independently and collaboratively with a team
- Interested in working in a fast paced, team environment
The hiring range for this position is $76,770 to $93,830 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.