Already applied?View Dashboard
Logistics Associate IIApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709545BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 03, 2019
Collectively, this group is responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of all DSS managed properties and their critical systems as well as the tracking, protection and management of assets across all locations. Technical Facilities managed locations provide the physical infrastructure that supports our product ecosystem.
Work closely with the Project Manager to manage assets, track inventory, set par levels, and distribute supplies and equipment across locations. Perform all tasks related to shipping, receiving, storage, and tracking, of company supplies and equipment. Manage and track inventory, performing regular audits and place restock orders.
- Shipping and receiving, preparing and staging equipment for shipment, tag and inventory all incoming equipment, ensuring all company assets have correct and complete documentation and are safely packaged and stored
- Notify all departments of relevant daily shipment items and quantities
- Perform Inventory and asset control audits and database updates, collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with company processes
- Assist with purchasing, PO entry and tracking
- Set and maintain inventory par levels, adjusting as needed to meet operational and project needs and objectives
- Communicate requirements and timelines to vendors, including storage, e-waste, and freight providers
- Request and review project quotes and perform SAP vendor updates
- Maintain a high degree of organization within all NY headquarters storage and receiving areas and communicate best practices to associates across locations
- Act as a subject matter expert on domestic and international shipping requiremnts and packaging senstitve technical equipment for shipment
- Highly motivated candidate with a desire to learn all aspects of Technical Facilities functions
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25-30 pounds
- 2-3 years’ experience in logistics, supply chain management or related field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.