Manager, Ad Operations and Media PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 790599BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May 07, 2021
- Manage a large portfolio of advertising client business across various Seller lists, agency partners, and clients.
- Work directly with Sales, Sales strategy, Accounting, Finance, Legal, and numerous other teams to ensure that advertising deals are executed properly from pitch to pay.
- Assist Sales in deal negotiations and be a point-person for all client questions and needs throughout the sales process.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to sales during pre-sales ideation and post-sales reporting/up-sell recommendations.
- Build media plans and successfully review/audit all contract/IO deal-points.
- Ensure flawless execution of ad operations with a focus on providing the best experience and results that serve our advertisers and maximize revenue for Marvel from campaign set-up to trafficking and reporting.
- Audit and report on micro and macro-level business trends on an ad-hoc basis to ensure Sales Management is informed on an on-going basis of potential business opportunities/risks.
- Effectively communicate with Sales and Sales client partners to ensure that revenue is maximized and costs are minimized on all sales deals.
- Investigate, analyze and solve problems while clearly communicating results with various internal teams and use these results to drive better, more efficient future business processes.
- Design and implement processes, systems and best practices for the Advertising business that drive accountability, strategy, financial reporting, and organizational KPIs
- Assist the VP of Yield Management in executive-level business reporting on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Display technical savvy by trouble-shooting issues with Product, Ad Tech, and Editorial counterparts.
- Foster a success-oriented, goal-driven and collaborative environment within the organization including enhancing the company's culture and core values.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Minimum 3-5 years of ad operations, media planning, and/or ad industry experience.
- Digital media experience is strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of Google Ad Manager (GAM), order management systems (such as Operative.One), and CRM systems (SalesForce, boostr, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of Digital ad serving and ad trafficking:
- Familiarity with video ad serving formats including VAST, VPAID and MRAID (experience with Brightcove and YouTube CMS a plus).
- Network Administration: Creating/Managing Ad Tags, Ad Units, Custom Key-Values, Custom Creative Templates, Video Ad rules, etc..
- Knowledge of Chrome Development Tools, Charles, or similar debugging tools. As well as experience with JIRA and other project management tools.
- Proficiency in Excel pivot tables and capable of manipulating large data sets as it pertains to ad forecasting, delivery, and revenue recognition.
- General knowledge of Social-based advertising platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap, TikTok)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to drive strategic decisions
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused, dynamic environment.
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Required EducationBA/BS Degree or relevant work experience.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.