Manager, Ad Operations, LinearApply NowApply Later Job ID 771358BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 15, 2021
As Manager of Ad Operations, you will be responsible for managing the TV Account Manager and Ad Operations Associate positions and its work performance against its assigned account list. You will be responsible for managing and optimizing their performance to ensure we provide “best in class” service to our sales team and our clients.
- Responsible to manage assigned TV Account Managers/Ad Operations Associates and their workload
- Optimize TV Account Manager/Ad Operations Associate performance to produce a high level of client service for internal and external clients
- Coach and mentor TV Account Managers/Ad Ops Associates through weekly one-on-one check in’s with each direct report; create and foster a collaborative, open team environment through team meetings
- Monitor and oversee timely resolution of discrepancies in order to maintain revenue
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on posting, linking, discrepancy resolution, trafficking, technology systems and workflow and other facets of account maintenance
- Work with Holding Company Leads and Revenue & Yield Management (RYM) Teams to ensure proper and efficient usage of inventory
- Contribute to departmental workload discussions, making changes to account assignments as needed to maximize departmental resources
- Oversee team coverage strategy ensuring internal and external clients have consistent support through transition
- Ensure timely distribution of quarterly posts and insights deliverables in partnership with RYM
- Drive operational efficiency internally and externally through improved process, and training for team
- Execute agency transfers in the system and work with teams to properly transition business
- Serve as the first point of escalation for Sales Account Executives, stepping in when needed to resolve business-critical issues
- Liaise with the Holding Company Lead to keep them informed and up to date on major discrepancies, new/changing account loads, and overall business issues across the assigned accounts
- Collaborates with Holding Company Lead on setting team strategy and meeting the overall department and organizational objectives
- Communicate consistently with Sales Teams to gather feedback on team’s performance
- Quality Control – Oversee the execution of quality business process to ensure that all accounts are booked and stewarded according to departmental SLAs. Oversee quality control for high profile events to ensure accuracy across proposed elements, traffic, and billing
- Team Support – Drive solutions for improving overall team support for Account Managers, Ad Ops Associates and Planners across the team, assisting them as needed and providing additional guidance and training as necessary
- New Initiative Response – As new initiatives, products, and market changes occur, responsible to identify day-to-day impacts and devise any training as needed. Will coordinate all impacted parties to gain agreement and effective implementation of solutions
- Proactive and Creative Problem Solving – Responsible to identify patterns and trends within campaign management and develop solutions proactively to improve client service and decrease potential of errors.
- Participate in hiring initiatives, including, but not limited to, interviewing candidates, tracking talent, onboarding, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience with supervising or managing a team; additional experiences include advertising business specifically in operations, sales support and administration
- Has knowledge of Ad Sales business process and in particular the Account Management function
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- 2 years of people management experience
- Multitasker, customer service oriented, attention to detail, organized, analytical, experience with corporate confidentiality, solve problems independently, and work in a fast-paced, changing environment
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.