Manager, Ad OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 901774BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Location: NYC (but remote until TBD)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the Disney+ SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The Ad Operations Manager will play a critical leadership role, managing a team of direct reports tasked with all executional aspects of paid media campaigns pertaining to tagging, tracking, audience verification, data capture strategy, and overall media technology, to ensure the timely launch and proper execution of advertising campaigns. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader, has a passion for the digital media landscape, possesses excellent communication skills, and is able to ideate and work across teams.
- Managing several direct reports ensuring they are succeeding in their roles as well as mentoring and coaching them to help them grow in their careers. Acts as an escalation resource for their team.
- Subject matter expert for quality assurance and troubleshooting activities for Ad Ops department (e.g., Third-Party Ad Servers, (CM/Flashtalking), Rich Media, DCO, Viewability/Fraud, Mobile App Tracking, TMS, etc.)
- Develops and updates standard operating procedures (SOPs) around trafficking and QA, as well as creating custom solutions for new edge cases. Work in tandem with analytics team on data capture strategy to ensure proper collection of data for reporting.
- Acts as the POC for platform/vendor contacts, including escalating blockers/risks as well as to remain educated on industry trends (such as rich media partners, ad verification partners, location data partners, etc.)
- Creates and documents processes for ad operations workstreams. Updates documentation as necessary to keep documented processes up to date.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property.
- 6+ years ad operations experience either agency side or within the digital industry (inclusive of DSPs, ad serving companies, etc.), trafficking large-scale paid media campaigns
- 1+ year managing a team of direct reports
- Must have experience with direct response campaigns
- Experience coaching and leading others, and implementing procedures to streamline internal processes
- Hands on expertise with DoubleClick Campaign Manager third-party ad serving required
- High level understanding in viewability & IVT, analyzing data in Integral Ad Science (IAS), MOAT and/or Doubleverify
- Experience with Mobile App Tracking solutions preferred: Kochava, Appsflyer, Adjust, etc.
- Experience with rich media solutions preferred: DoubleClick RM, Flashtalking, Sizmek, etc.
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
- BA/BS Required
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.