Manager, Ad OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 966555BR Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
As a Manager, Ad Ops, you will be responsible for improving Disney's video ad delivery by ensuring all aspects of our client service, campaign management, and implementation processes are optimized to fulfill our revenue goals. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Ad Operations, this role will oversee a team of Account Managers, facilitate best-in-class client service, as well as partner closely with Ad Ops and Planning leads to best operationalize campaign setup through our proprietary tech stack. The right person for this role is both dynamic and goal oriented, has technical competencies, leads by example and has excellent cross departmental interpersonal skills. If you are someone who has the passion to lead and mentor a team, be a strategic inspiring leader and drive technical innovation and process, then this is a great role for you!
- Develop a team of Account Managers with the positivity and leadership necessary for them to successfully lead their books of business
- Establish a deep understanding of their direct report’s revenue support in order to partner effectively with Ad Sales
- Maintain and improve operational workflow for campaign management & trafficking implementation across all Disney’s tech platforms
- Identify and suggest ad server or OMS enhancements to maintain needs of the business.
- Drive critical thinking with immediate team and managerial counterparts
- Oversee and maintain training documentation and Disney Ad Operations’ process workflow to ensure new hires excel in their on-boarding
- Serve as primary support for team members who meet an internal or external business challenge
- Maintain deep comprehension of ad server delivery logic and industry standards
- Have a deep understanding of sales flow processes and partner with Planning and Ad Ops leads to review post-launch benchmarks and conceive efficiency improvements with measurable results
- Coach and mentor team members with tangible and frequent performance feedback, maximizing retention and focusing on career growth for direct reports
- Support and collaborate with various internal teams such as Sales Planners, Account Executives, Creative Services, Integrated Marketing, Finance, and Research
- Provide after-hours support for any client-related emergencies, as necessary
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Ad Sales Operations and 2 years managing or mentoring multiple individuals in a similar role
- Experience with a video ad server (FreeWheel, GAM etc.)
- Firm understanding of the video marketplace, vendors, and third-party technologies
- Expert problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills, with a flexible attitude
- Experience and comfort with presenting and training in front of large groups
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize tasks in a dynamic marketplace and work environment
- Thrives under tight deadlines
- Skilled in communicating timelines and urgency with internal teams and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Programmatic solutions (DSP, SSP, Trading Desks, Deal ID)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a queue management/ticketing system (JIRA)
- Detailed comprehension and experience in Trafficking digital video/digital display and other interactive formats, including VAST and VPaid
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.