Manager, Ad SolutionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 730514BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 15, 2020
Disney Advertising Sales drives the advertising revenue across platforms for the entire media portfolio – including ABC, ESPN, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, and more.
The Ad Solutions team is responsible for managing, enabling and optimizing a market-leading portfolio of ad solutions for the Disney Advertising Sales team. We are a group of creative problem-solvers and collaborators, who aren’t afraid of the unknown. We love to learn, and we ask smart questions in order to devise viable, revenue-driving solutions in this fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Responsibilities:The Manager, Ad Solutions, will play a key role in managing the ad product portfolio on ad-supported owned and operated platforms, including apps and sites for ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX, National Geographic and Disney Channels. This responsibility includes stewarding new ad product development and vendor relationships. The Manager will work closely with Digital Product and Ad Tech teams as well as the Revenue and Operations teams to vet feasibility and ensure that solutions maximize revenue across the portfolio. The individual will report to the Sr. Manager, Ad Solutions (O&O).
- Work closely with internal and external partners to optimize the ad product portfolio on owned and operated platforms
- Continuously evaluate and identify ways to streamline the ad product portfolio
- Work with Product and Tech teams to vet/prioritize/enable new ad products and revenue-driving initiatives
- Monitor the marketplace to identify new ad tech vendors, evaluate new partnerships, and strike deals that meet portfolio-wide revenue, operational and strategic priorities
- Manage ad tech vendor relationships to ensure that they adhere to Disney Ad Sales policies and are driving maximum value
- Track and share product capabilities, product roadmaps and timelines with Sales
- Act as key resource for ad hoc questions from internal partners (within and outside Sales)
- Maintain knowledge of marketplace and Disney digital distribution, ad experience and ad products
- Track current state for Disney portfolio and regularly share with Sales colleagues, leadership and partners across the organization
- Act as ad product expert within Sales
- 4+ years in media or technology, with experience in ad ops / ad tech / or product development preferred
- Track record of collaboration, consensus-building and project management across functional areas and levels of seniority
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for emerging media and technology
- Strong understanding of key drivers of advertising revenue
- Bachelor's Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.