Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager Affiliate MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700512BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The Manager of Affiliate Marketing will play a critical role in launching a new affiliate business from scratch. Specific responsibilities will include developing and executing the strategy, building partnerships with vendors/affiliates and optimizing campaigns and budgets. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to build out a new performance marketing team and be at the forefront of digital innovation and growth. This is a highly collaborative role which will interface with internal teams as well as high-profile external partners.
- Develop & implement strategies to drive subscriber acquisition, conversion & efficiency
- As channel scales, determine staffing needs and build out team
- Select, onboard & manage key vendors – affiliate operator and/or agencies
- Identify affiliate partners and build/manage direct relationships with top partners
- Develop strategy across affiliate ecosystem including sell-in documents, bounty models & contracts
- Develop robust test & learn plan, based on data & analytical insights, to improve performance throughout the conversion funnel
- Manage & optimize budget across partners
- Drive innovation with partners to get them excited to promote our product
- 4 years digital marketing experience including affiliate channel management; preferably in a subscription-based business
- Deep knowledge of affiliate space and how to optimize to drive performance across various affiliate models
- Highly analytical mindset with a deep understanding of acquisition funnel, economics and profitability levers
- Strategic self-starter who is comfortable navigating white space. Must have a proven track record of driving projects from conceptions through implementation. Tech projects a plus.
- Strong partner or client management skills.
- Passion for innovation, creative problem solving, and building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and motivate, inspire and challenge a high-performing team to achieve that vision.
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done.
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.