Manager, Brand Strategy & Content InsightsApply NowApply Later Job ID 865907BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
- Collaborate with and advise key stakeholders across the company, with minimal supervision.
- Ask meaningful and clarifying questions of stakeholders to guide and define research objectives, ultimately scoping projects from internal client ask through to RFP.
- Project manage various primary research initiatives, interfacing with vendors and contributing to analysis.
- Digest complex information and data across multiple sources and create cohesive narratives across findings.
- Deliver clear, actionable insights to senior management via written, visualized and verbal communication.
- Attend and present at meetings with internal ESPN departments and as well as the wider Disney organization
- 5+ years of relevant media/marketing/primary research experience.
- Experience with key quantitative research tools and processes – developing sample frames, questionnaire design, checking survey programming, managing fielding partners and monitoring progress, creating banner/tab plans, reading and quality control of data tables.
- Experience with key qualitative research tools and processes – screener development, managing recruiting, discussion guide development, digital and in-person activity development, managing fieldwork, supporting execution of methods, synthesizing learnings, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with statistical packages (such as SPSS, SAS, R, SQL, Q Research).
- Ability to interpret and integrate insights from multiple data sources into a cohesive narrative.
- Skilled with extracting insights from raw data and visually bring those insights to life in creative ways.
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Collaborative nature and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Passion for sports content in all forms (TV, social, digital, audio) and knowledge of the media landscape.
- Some experience with TV, web, video, social analytics tools (Nielsen, comScore, Social Analytics tools) a plus, but not required
- Bachelors degree
- (i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.