Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Brand Strategy & Sales Integration - ABC NewsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 635679BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Job Summary:Would you like to create new business models to support world-class journalism? Do you want to play a role in shaping the future of the news industry, and influence stories and products seen by hundreds of millions of people around the world? Or have an idea for the next big “thing” in media?
As the Manager of Brand Strategy & Sales Integration, you’ll develop new sales opportunities across all digital properties and all media formats for ABC News, FiveThirtyEight, and Good Morning America. You have an endless supply of creative ideas, as well as boundless energy to drive them forward. Work across Ad Sales, Editorial, and Product to drive growth and serve as a key liaison with major media partners. This role currently reports to the VP of Business Operations & Insights.
You will join an innovative and growing team. The newsroom is a fast-paced environment, so be ready to live in a world where each day is radically different. On any one day you might:
- Launch a new sponsorship around a major live event across mobile, desktop, and OTT
- Develop a Go to Market strategy with the Ad Sales team for a new series or product
- Reach and exceed individual revenue targets
- Source new leads with potential brand partners
- Present the brand portfolio at trade events
- Help guide the overall vision and execution of ABC News’s monetization strategy off TV
- Collaborate with world-renowned journalists on new editorial projects and franchises
- Utilize data to identify areas of opportunity that feed into topline KPIs
- Minimum four years digital sales experience
- Entrepreneurial drive to launch new businesses within a global media organization
- Expertise with all digital analytics tools, KPIs, and content distribution strategies
- Ability to influence internal and external clients
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Deep passion for creative forms of storytelling and the future of news media
- A collaborative, no-drama working style, with a focus on action and results
- Strong interest in live broadcast television
- Awareness of pop culture & politics
- Proficient at Microsoft Office - knowledge of photoshop/basic editing a plus
Required EducationYou have a BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.