Manager, Communications - AddressableApply NowApply Later Job ID 10005984 Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, ADDRESSABLE
About Disney Adverting:
Disney Advertising (DAS) is responsible for advertising sales and integrated marketing for The Walt Disney Company’s entertainment and sports offerings through linear, digital, social, audio and ad-supported streaming businesses. This includes ABC, ABC News, Disney Channels Worldwide, Disney Digital, ESPN Networks, ESPN+, Freeform, FX, National Geographic, Hulu and its eight ABC-owned local stations.
About Disney Advertising Corporate Communications Team:
The Corporate Communications & Strategy team oversees communications strategy, operations and business development for the Advertising division. This team is responsible for charting holistic, multi-platform communications tactics supported by operational research and insights and marketplace strategy capabilities. The group works hand-in-hand with sales, content and digital leaders – along with the respective communications and business teams across the entire Disney portfolio – to drive growth and lead generation across all screens.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Communications Manager who is focused on building the profile of our fast-growing Addressable, and Advanced TV business. This individual will draft publicity materials, handle outreach to national and local media outlets and proactively contribute to supporting and amplifying the goals and objectives of the Addressable business for Disney. This role will be responsible for positioning Disney Advertising as a leader in the Addressable and Advanced TV marketplace and elevating its innovative capabilities and solutions through media relations, thought leadership initiatives, award submissions, internal communications and more. Through strategic and effective storytelling and collaborations with key clients and industry constituents, executive spokespersons and internal stakeholders, this candidate will help drive business results – supporting a holistic communications strategy for Disney Ad Sales’ growing streaming ad platform as well as its first party data, measurement, programmatic, performance marketing and self-service capabilities.
This position is based in New York. The individual will report to the Director of Corporate Communications, Addressable, for Disney Advertising and work closely with the larger Communications team.
- Develop and execute long- and short-term publicity strategies that elevate Disney Advertising’s Addressable and Advanced TV capabilities
- Write and edit press materials – including releases, pitches and talking points – and support outreach to media outlets
- Identify and proactively pitch Disney’s Addressable leadership for key industry events and thought leadership opportunities.
- Ensure regular contact with target media including appropriate, timely responses to inquiries
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to plan and execute Disney Advertising’s presence at events
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including Sales, Client Solutions and Operations, network, Streaming and technology PR teams.
- Ensure that all publicity needs and goals are met in a timely and professional manner
- Oversee development and distribution of press materials, key messages, Q&A documents, and identify unique and creative ways to disseminate news both through written word and visually.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, online influencers and key internal stakeholders
- Lead brainstorming sessions as needed, and serve as a strategic communications consultant to Disney’s Addressable business leaders.
Education, Skills & Capabilities:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Minimum seven (7) years in working in public relations and/or journalism and marketing communications, with significant experience in advanced TV, advertising technology and data-driven marketing experience.
- Corporate communications, PR, journalism or equivalent experience, including experience leading teams
- Working and in-depth knowledge of the addressable and advanced advertising space, and an interest and understanding of the data-driven marketing, technology and addressable advertising spaces.
- Prior experience working with multi-brand enterprises, and collaborating with teams across corporate functions, including executive support in media and communications, preferred.
- Curiosity and a driven work ethic, with the ability to distill difficult, and at times complex subject matter, and make them easily translatable.
- Experience working with senior-level leadership and executives, and proactively pitching and/or finding opportunities for thought leadership moments for bench of subject matter experts.
- Willing to relocate or already be located in New York, NY or Burbank, CA area.
- Ability to travel approximately 1-3 times per quarter for business.
Location: New York, New York (preferred), secondary location: Santa Monica, CA
Job Posting Company: The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.