Manager, Consumer Insights & Strategic AnalysisApply NowApply Later Job ID 784112BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Apr. 13, 2021
In this role you can expect to lead the design and evolution of the Company’s reporting and analytics suites to generate insights across a variety of business areas including: revenue optimization, content consumption & engagement, consumer profiling, subscription management, marketing, product development, publishing, consumer products and others.
The role will involve significant stakeholder interaction and rapid iteration of dashboards and data models in an agile, but lean environment. Ideal candidates will have a strong, independent work ethic; a penchant for creative problem solving; and a talent for turning data sets of all sizes and dimensions into clear, meaningful, and actionable business insights utilizing a variety of tools and techniques, including Tableau.
We are seeking a team player with a passion for storytelling, the ability to gather and clarify requirements from different types of stakeholders, and then translate them into meaningful analyses and data-driven narratives. Ideal candidates will be deeply curious and have a natural ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts and skills.
- Working with stakeholders (marketing, sales, editorial etc.) to define priorities, approaches, and business requirements for data analytics and insight projects
- Leading the development, deployment, administration and maintenance of Tableau dashboards/reports in Tableau Server, for both executive and operational level KPIs
- Delivering actionable data-driven recommendations and identifying key marketing levers to improve targeting and media/platform market mix
- Leveraging DMP and CDP resources like Oracle DMP/BlueKai and mParticle to build and maintain consumer profiles/segments based on 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data
- Collaborating with data scientists to leverage statistical and econometric modelling techniques to identify causal inference and the effectiveness of certain tactics
- Coordinating and summarizing testing results from sources including A/B & multivariate tests as well as other hypothesis testing and data modelling experiments
- Defining experimentation roadmaps based on modelling results and assisting in the development of incremental measurement capabilities
- Driving the creation/innovation of in-house marketing models and measurement reporting as well as contributing to the evaluation and adoption of third-party tools
- Developing data quality checks for source and target data sets, while executing UAT plans and working with QA teams.
Basic Qualifications:Who you are
- You have a background in marketing and content analytics: 3+ years of experience focused on advanced analytics support in growth marketing, subscription mgmt. and/or revenue optimization
- You have expert-knowledge of marketing attribution models and digital measurement reporting with a track record of influencing decision-making based on data and insights
- You are comfortable applying and interpreting industry-standard modelling approaches (semi-Markov, Fader-Hardie, Market/Media-mix etc.) and have some experience building in-house data solutions
- You are deeply curious and regularly learning new tools and techniques to ensure Marvel’s continued adoption of best practices
- You have the technical competence to perform sophisticated statistical analysis and the ability to communicate your findings succinctly
- You’re a superb communicator with experience conveying ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders of all levels.
- You are passionate about learning and mentorship, and have demonstrated experience in effective people management and thought leadership.
- You have completed a degree with, or held a position for 2+ years that required, a specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Econometrics, Operations Research, or another related field involving mathematical/algorithmic data analysis
- 2+ years of experience in the development and maintenance of complex Tableau dashboards, ideally within Tableau Server. Certifications are helpful but not required.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in data analytics and or similar experience working in econometrics, mathematical modeling, or other quantitative statistical work.
- 2+ years of experience implementing and reporting on business KPIs by leveraging substantially large structured and unstructured datasets in data lakes and warehouses (AWS preferred, Snowflake/BigQuery also a plus)
- 5 + years’ experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Redshift, Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc
- Experience with Python or R (preferably both) is required and some experience with machine learning with packages like Scikit-Learn, Keras and TensorFlow will be a strong plus.
- 2+ years of experience with project management tools (Jira/Confluence, Zendesk etc.)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools outside of Tableau, such as Qliksense, PowerBI, Microsoft DAX, advanced Excel Power Query, SiSense, Periscope is helpful
- Degree in an analytical field such as econometrics, mathematics, data science and or computer science is desired. Comparable experience and work product will be considered in lieu of academic work.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics a.k.a Omniture is a major plus
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.