Manager, Consumer Insights (DGE / Nat Geo)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 901837BR Location New York, New York, United States; Washington, DC, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Dec. 19, 2021
The National Geographic Content Insights team sits within DGE’s Content Insights, Analytics and Scheduling group and works in a consultative manner with Senior Executives as well as Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver content and brand insights that inspire creative development and inform content strategy. Our role is to elevate the voice of the consumer, and provide a deep 360 understanding of their content needs.
Nat Geo Content Insights is seeking a Manager to work across our portfolio for linear and streaming platforms. The Consumer Insights Manager will be joining a best-in-class team that is forward-thinking, innovative, and engaged in helping understand the evolving entertainment landscape.
- Lead content research projects at all phases of a series lifecycle from concept to pilot to marketing and positioning to maintenance and health post-launch
- Manage design, fieldwork, and execution of qualitative and quantitative studies
- Attend and oversee focus groups / qualitative research sessions (often in evenings)
- Analyze, summarize, and debrief research findings, both written and verbal
- Deliver insights that directly impact key content decisions, including storylines, characters, talent, positioning, and future development
- Present to all levels of management, comfortable giving creative feedback to executives
- Act as a thought partner internally with executives and with external research vendors in managing and coordinating projects
- Oversee large-scale quantitative tracking studies including on-going management and reporting
- Provide insights into topics impacting our audience, including current content landscape trends and viewing behavior
- Listen to stakeholder requests, assess questions that need to be answered and develop an actionable research plan
- Support internal ad-hoc requests and business questions by analyzing a variety of data sets and communicating key insights
- A minimum of 4 years of experience supporting / conducting primary research projects – both qualitative and quantitative at a media/entertainment company, advertising agency, research supplier or brand consultancy
- Skilled at data visualization and creating impactful presentations and deliverables
- Experience in programming surveys in self-service platforms (Qualtrics, Toluna, SurveyMonkey, etc.)
- Familiarity with 3rd party sources such as MRI, Kantar, or E-Poll data
- Self-starter with passion, energy, and enthusiasm to impact the future of content
- Confident presence – strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Exceptional organization, time, and project management skills
- Dedication to delivering the highest quality work, unflagging attention to detail
- Flexible and will embrace new assignments with a can-do attitude as priorities change
- Collaborative, able to work across a variety of teams and establish strong relationships
- Must love television
- Experience with non-fiction television genres strongly preferred
- Project management experience with a focus on content research is a huge plus
- Experience with entertainment research and social media a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Marketing, Communications, Economics, Psychology, Social Sciences or related fields a plus
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.