Manager, Data Analytics Business Insights – ESPN+
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 744433BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
Job Summary:The Manager, Business Insights will be a driver and partner for analytics across the Disney Streaming Services business. The person will synthesize complex data from multiple sources to deliver business insights and strategic guidance. They should be an experienced data and analytics leader with solid knowledge and experience with customized quantitative, qualitative and online analytics and research projects to enable business strategies and decision making. They must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting information to address specific business issues related to, but not limited to: product analytics, customer analytics, marketing analytics, new product releases, etc.
They should also be able to communicate key objectives and analytical findings to internal stakeholders and across Disney; to ensure appropriate data is incorporated in servicing their business needs.
- Partner with the Data, Product and Engineering teams to understand business drivers and synthesize information
- Lead measurement and data aggregation for multiple data sources
- Create data sets and collect subscription, watch, and clickstream data for KPI tracking
- Support various reporting needs via dashboards - subscription business including acquisition of new consumers, engagement and retention
- Influence and guide the build of predictive models and algorithms to effectively measure and optimize business performance
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to institutionalize findings
- Derive actionable recommendations in an easy to digest manner and communicate key insights across all levels of the organization
- 6+ years of experience in an analysis, market research or consulting role, including 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience with programming languages (SQL, R, Python etc.)
- Experience with advanced statistical data modeling
- Experience using data visualization reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Experience with media reporting, subscription model and analytical support for user growth and retention
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to identify areas that data and analytics can add value to the business and translate business problems into solution-driven actions
- Ability to translate technical findings into actionable recommendations through easy to digest reports and presentations
- Ability to effectively partner across all levels and manage multiple projects with high standards
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working, good work ethic and an on-point business intuition
- Bachelors in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar), MA/MS preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.