Manager, Data AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 7082746920220327 Location New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Manager, Sport Analytics will be a driver and partner for sports analytics across the Disney Streaming business. The person will synthesize complex data from multiple sources to deliver business insights and strategic guidance. They should be an experienced data and analytics leader with solid knowledge and experience with customized quantitative, qualitative, and online analytics and research projects to enable business strategies and decision making. They must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting information to address specific business issues related to, but not limited to: product analytics, customer analytics, marketing analytics, new product releases, etc.
They should also be able to communicate key objectives and analytical findings to internal stakeholders and across Disney; to ensure appropriate data is incorporated in servicing their business needs.
• Partner with the Data, Product and Research teams to understand business drivers and synthesize information
• Lead measurement and data aggregation for multiple data sources
• Create data sets and collect subscription, watch, and clickstream data for KPI tracking
• Support various reporting needs via dashboards - subscription business including acquisition of new consumers, engagement and retention
• Influence and guide the build of predictive models and algorithms to effectively measure and optimize business performance
• Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to institutionalize findings
• Derive actionable recommendations in an easy to digest manner and communicate key insights across all levels of the organization
Basic Qualifications :
• At least 6+years of experience in an analysis, market research or consulting role, including at least 2 years of experience managing a team
• Experience with programming languages (SQL, R, Python etc.)
• Experience using data visualization reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
• Experience with media reporting, subscription model and analytical support for user growth and retention
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to identify areas that data and analytics can add value to the business and translate business problems into solution-driven actions
• Ability to translate technical findings into actionable recommendations through easy to digest reports and presentations
• Ability to effectively partner across all levels and manage multiple projects with high standards
• Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working, good work ethic and an on-point business intuition
The hiring range for this position in NY/CA is $147,800.00 to $191,200.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.