Manager, Data EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 869643BR Location New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 16, 2021
We are seeking a Manager for the Data Engineering team. who will partner with business, analytics and engineering teams to design, build and maintain our growing Data Warehousing and Analytical reporting Environment. You will build ease of use data structures to facilitate reporting and monitoring key performance indicators. Collaborating across disciplines, you will identify internal/external data sources to design and implement table structure, data products, ETL strategy, automation frameworks and scalable data pipelines.
- Create the vision for Data and Data Warehousing team for product verticals and create a plan to achieve that vision
- Partner with cross functional teams including product management/data infra/customer teams to build shared goals
- Establish the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability
- Build a high-quality BI and Data Warehousing team
- Build relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs
- Manage data warehouse plans and roadmap across Disney product lines
- Guide the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Manage development of data team resources to support new product launches
- Ensure high levels of data quality across the product vertical and related business areas
- Manage the delivery of insightful dashboards and data visualizations
- Establish SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production
- Develop Data Quality checks for source and target data sets. Develop UAT plans and conduct QA.
- Develop and maintain ETL routines using ETL and orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Jenkins.
- Document and publish Metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
- Coach and mentor team members to improve their designs and ETL processes
- 6+ years of relevant Professional experience. 2+ Years in Direct people management capacity
- 5+ years work experience in building data warehousing environments. Strong background of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
- 5 + years experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Redshift.
- 2+ Years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash).
- 2+ years of experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase)
- Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Tableau, Chartio, etc.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.